Timings are in British Summer Time.
- Familiarise yourself with the platform
- See who else is attending
- Arrange meetings with relevant individuals
The ever-changing world – COVID-19 and other disruptive events and their trading impact
- Mar – June of this year have seen covid-19 related stock market moves both up and down that are unprecedented – how have traders responded?
- With the impacts of the global crisis ongoing, how have traders weathered the storm, and what has changed for daily trading?
- How has this Black Swan event changed the trading workplace, and will remote working become the new normal for traders?
- The Decarbonisation, Deglobalisation and Digitalisation: Are these pre-COVID-19 trends still ranking high in the priority ladder?
- How could the new models of the workplace drive retail PPAs and a more consumer centric focus?
- What are the impacts on the momentum of the climate change discussion?
MODERATOR: PETER STYLES, Executive Vice Chair, Board, EFET
Harry Huang, Head of Trading, PETROCHINA
RICHARD EVERETT, Chief Operating Officer, TRAYPORT
Price drivers in gas, power and oil – What movements do we see and foresee?
- The global changes to daily life forced by the virus could have wide ranging impacts on the energy market – how has the shift of industrial energy requirements to retail supply changed trading patterns?
- With a drop in energy demand due to closed production plants and a slowing of productivity in general, what are the potential ramifications for new capacity in renewables?
- With global travel bans in place threatening to weaken transaction volumes, when could we expect to see a pick up in the market?
- Possible re-lockdowns: How are the forward markets reacting?
- What role is storage development playing?
MODERATOR: EDDIE TOFPIK, Head of Technical Analysis & Senior Markets Analyst, ADM INVESTOR SERVICES INTERNATIONAL LTDClive Lambert, Chief Technical Analyst, FuturesTechsMARTIJN VAN GEMERT, Director Market Insights, VATTENFALLFABIO CASAMATTA, Head of Trading and Execution, A2A
- Gas markets: What will happen in case of negative prices?
- Oil markets: How is the sector recovering from the historic low in April?
- Power markets: What a recession will mean for the power market?
- LNG markets: Has its development been put on hold by the global crisis?
- Emissions markets: Have they been spared by the crisis?
Georgi S. Slavov MSE, Global Head of Fundamental Research, MAREX SPECTRON
Dr. Giacomo Masato, Research Analyst and Senior Meteorologist, MAREX SPECTRON
Evangeline Cookson, Research Analyst and Meteorologist, MAREX SPECTRON
Trading more efficiently with AI
- How can AI drive efficiency in the front office?
- Beyond algo trading, what are the concrete AI applications in the front office?
- What hurdles do you need to overcome?
KASPER WALET, AI Expert, AI ENERGIZERTOM JAMES, CEO & CIO, TRADEFLOW CAPITAL MANAGEMENTJÜRGEN MAYERHOFER, CEO and Co-founder, ENSPIRED
Algo-trading vs automation – The next generation
- What specific factors need to be considered when confronted with the make-or-buy decision?
- What should companies consider during the implementation of Algo-Traders?
- Who runs the machines?
- Understanding the regulatory and compliance framework to optimise trading
MODERATOR: IAN MURRIN, Founder & CEO, DIGITERREAlexander Raguz, Head of Algorithmic Trading, ELBOIL GMBH
Erdem Sezer, Manager – Analysis and Trading Strategies, AKSA ENERJI
Ilya Murzin, Head of Algorithmic Trading and Innovations, ČEZ
- Algo trading in spot markets
- Algo trading in forward markets
- AI in the front office
- Pre-arranged meetings
- Visit of the virtual exhibition
Are PPAs part of your optimisation strategy?
- What is the relationship between PPAs and the traditional markets?
- How can the established power traders offer value to the PPA market?
- What effect has COVID-19 had on PPAs?
MODERATOR: DARIA NOCHEVNIK, Co-ordinator for EU Institutional Relations, Communication and Emissions Trading, EFET
VIVIANA CIANCIBELLO, Business Development Expert, EUROPEAN ENERGY EXCHANGE (EEX)
NATASHA LUTHER-JONES, Partner, DLA PIPER
JORGE ARENILLAS, VP Energy Management, SONNEDIX
Flexibility markets of the future
- Implications of renewable energy sources on price curves and its impact on short-term volatilities
- Storage solutions and the competing sink for excess production
- Flexibility in a connected world; consumer choices and behaviours and the impact on the market
NAVIN PARASRAM, Head of Merchant Trading, ALPIQ
Understanding the untapped potentials of flexibility and optimisation
- How is an empowered customer base demanding redefined business models?
- How will energy storage disrupt consumption and how can traders prepare for this disruption?
- With the balancing market now open to a wider pool, what impact will TERRE have?
- What are the impacts of the shift from ‘commodity’ trading within the traditional market to optimisation within multiple markets?
- How can traders identify and pursue overlooked opportunities to optimise the asset in the marketplace?
MODERATOR: PHILIP WILTSHIRE, Trading Manager, ANESCONAVIN PARASRAM, Head of Merchant Trading, ALPIQADITYA SHARMA, Senior Vice President Asia, BOSON ENERGY SAAARON LALLY, Managing Partner, VEST ENERGYROBERT BULLYMENT, Originator, AXPO GROUP
- PPAs: Where are the opportunities now?
- Flexibility markets
- Energy storage