Timings are in British Summer Time.
The ever-changing world – COVID-19 and other disruptive events and their trading impact
- Mar – June of this year have seen covid-19 related stock market moves both up and down that are unprecedented – how have traders responded?
- With the impacts of the global crisis ongoing, how have traders weathered the storm, and what has changed for daily trading?
- How has this Black Swan event changed the trading workplace, and will remote working become the new normal for traders?
- The Decarbonisation, Deglobalisation and Digitalisation: Are these pre-COVID-19 trends still ranking high in the priority ladder?
- How could the new models of the workplace drive retail PPAs and a more consumer centric focus?
- What are the impacts on the momentum of the climate change discussion?
Harry Huang, Head of Trading, PETROCHINA
Development of intraday trading
Price drivers in gas, power and oil – What movements do we see and foresee?
- The global changes to daily life forced by the virus could have wide ranging impacts on the energy market – how has the shift of industrial energy requirements to retail supply changed trading patterns?
- With a drop in energy demand due to closed production plants and a slowing of productivity in general, what are the potential ramifications for new capacity in renewables?
- With global travel bans in place threatening to weaken transaction volumes, when could we expect to see a pick up in the market?
- Possible re-lockdowns: How are the forward markets reacting?
- What role is storage development playing?
Clive Lambert, Chief Technical Analyst, FuturesTechs
- Gas markets: What will happen in case of negative prices?
- Oil markets: How is the sector recovering from the historic low in April?
- Power markets: What a recession will mean for the power market?
- LNG markets: Has its development been put on hold by the global crisis?
- Emissions markets: Have they been spared by the crisis?
AI in energy trading front office
Forecasting tools for a more efficient and profitable trading
Case study: Your algo trading implementation journey
Algo-trading vs automation – The next generation
- What specific factors need to be considered when confronted with the make-or-buy decision?
- What should companies consider during the implementation of Algo-Traders?
- Who runs the machines?
- Understanding the regulatory and compliance framework to optimise trading
Alexander Raguz, Head of Algorithmic Trading, ELBOIL GMBH
Erdem Sezer, Manager – Analysis and Trading Strategies, AKSA ENERJI
- Algo trading in spot markets
- Algo trading in forward markets
- AI in the front office
Are PPAs part of your optimisation strategy?
- What are the biggest opportunities and risks with purchase agreements?
- What impact could the changing marketplace have on traditional markets and flexible markets?
Case study: Best practices in portfolio optimisation
Flexibility markets of the future
Understanding the untapped potentials of flexibility and optimisation
- How is an empowered customer base demanding redefined business models?
- How will energy storage disrupt consumption and how can traders prepare for this disruption?
- With the balancing market now open to a wider pool, what impact will TERRE have?
- What are the impacts of the shift from ‘commodity’ trading within the traditional market to optimisation within multiple markets?
- How can traders identify and pursue overlooked opportunities to optimise the asset in the marketplace?
- PPAs: Where are the opportunities now?
- Flexibility markets
- Energy storage